1973 was a milestone year for me. I celebrated my sixteenth birthday…I began a high school romance with Dave Grenier…and I discovered the Proverbs 31 woman. Her priorities were God, her husband and children, the management of her household, the operation of her business, the welfare of those less fortunate, and her own needs. She sounds a lot like you and me!
The Proverbs Principle is the name I have given to the blueprint by which I live my life—a philosophy inspired by the Proverbs 31 woman. It’s no coincidence that this book has thirty-one chapters! These thirty-one chapters have been conveniently arranged into sections:
- • PROVERBS 31 IN CENTURY 21: How Proverbs 31 can be relevant in today’s changing world
- • DEFINING THE PROVERBS 31 WOMAN: An in-depth look at the era in which she lived and the values that shaped her personality
- • LIVING PROVERBS 31: How you can apply Proverbs 31 to your own life
- • CREATING A PROVERBS 31 HOME: Practical advice to help you organize, clean, and decorate your home
- • APPENDIX: Proverbs 31:10-31 from eighteen different translations, allowing you to explore the nuances and discover the one that is most meaningful to you and your unique circumstances.
- Many of these chapters assume that the God-shaped space inside each of us has been filled to overflowing. This philosophy will still be useful if you are not a believer, but it will be lacking in depth. Scripture passages appear in italics in the text, and are referenced at the end of each chapter. My principles have been in constant evolution since 1973 and they continue to evolve. Use them as a starting point to develop your own lifelong Proverbs Principles! As you do so, I invite you to visit and interact with other Proverbs 31 women on my web site.